ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Universidade de Lisboa Master in Mathematical Finance
ISEG, with strong departments of Mathematics, Economics and Management, and with a policy of internationalisation, benefits from the corresponding synergies, and provides excellent conditions for studying the Masters in Mathematical Finance (MMF). This fact, together with the high quality of its teaching staff, all of whom hold PhDs from prestigious universities, makes MMF unique in Portugal.
The strong relationship between ISEG and the financial sector, both at a national and an international level, contributes to the international recognition that the Masters in Mathematical Finance adds value to the competitiveness of the financial sector, and to improving the employability of its graduates.
In accordance with ISEG's mission, the Masters in Mathematical Finance also prepares students for further doctoral studies and for carrying out innovation and scientific research in departments of companies, or at universities or other higher education institutions.
Values such as freedom of intellectual and scientific expression and respect for ethical principles and social responsibility are all key points of ISEG's mission.
internationalisation is also a part of the MMF's history and aims.The following developments are of importance:
- The establishment of an international agreement involving three Masters in the area of Mathematical Finance - from ISEG; Université de Lorraine, Nancy (France), and Uniwersytet Ekonomiczny w Poznaniu (Poland), which allows students to study for part of their degree at these universities;
- Since 2016, a partnership of the Masters in Mathematical Finance with the Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management Bootcamp - ARPM at the University of New York allows students who participate in the bootcamp obtain not only an ARPM certificate but also additional credits and supplement for their Masters Diploma.
The Masters in Mathematical Finance aims to:
- Form quantitative analysts with a strong knowledge of analytical, statistical, and computational tools, which can be applied to financial modeling;
- Contribute to the education of top level practitioners with leadership ability, who are capable of promoting innovation;
- Promote innovation and scientific research in Applied Mathematics and support the education of university teachers whose activity of research in the areas of Financial Mathematics are relevant for the University, in collaboration with the business world.
Video interview with the program director
Additional information / brochure
Request info / Application